Saturday, October 10, 2009

Henna Revisited

So I am revisiting Henna because my first attempt at Henna from Lush was horrible. I am also found out that I have been overloading on protein and my hair is a rough, mess. In doing research I have found that good quality Henna is like a deep protein conditioner, but without the protein in it. Plus I want to color my hair without chemicals. lastly, after about 3 to 4 applications I should see major improvements in my hair. So I decided to buy better quality Henna from Mehandi.com . I bought 100g of Henna from Yemen for 7.50. The sift was very fine without the bits and twigs, much better than Lush.

1. I poured the mixture in a plastic bowl
2. Poured in liquid lemon juice. I did not measure I just poured stirred, poured and stirred until I got a yogurt consistency. I did want it to be too stiff like the last time.
3. Covered the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit until the next morning.
4. I poured about 2tbl olive oil to give my hair condition and to rinse out the mixture more easily
5. Wrapped hair in plastic cling
6. Sitting under my dryer throughout the day in 30 minute increments
7. Wash out hair in shower

Can I just say the application was easier than last time. It reminded me of when I used to relax my hair (Trembling).

I will post results tonight

No comments: