Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Poduct Junkie Reviews

Okay I am a bonafied PJ. Well maybe that is a little too harsh. I think that because I am newly natural I am still on a quest to find products that do not make my hair crunchy. I like products that leave my hair soft after it dries. Products that maintain the softness once it dries and products that cultivate and fertilize my scalp helping it to grow healthy. I have tried many products since my last post and most of them were garbage. But, from many naturally curly reviews and my own research I bought a plethora of products.


1. Castor Oil (Walmart) - Promotes healthy hair growth. I am doing the Castor Oil Hair Challenge on Hairlista. If my hair takes to the castor oil I will definitely buy the Jamaican Black Castor Oil.

I love this product my dandruff has subsided. I have had bad scaly dandruff for as long as I can remember. I will never not use castor oil ever again.

2. Long Aid Activator Gel (Walmart). I really like it I smooth out my hair when I first wash it. It really defines my curls.

Pros: Defines my curls
Cons: Makes it a little crunchy, stiff with barely any moisture.

3. IC Fantasia Hair polisher styling gel Color treated Hair (Ordered Online. I hear it does not make hair crunchy, but leaves it moisturized. Hopefully it can replace the Long Aid activator gel. Review to come.

4. Bio.Star Lacio Lacio High Shine Leave In Hair Conditioner. I hear nothing but good things about this conditioner.

Since I have been overloading on protein I do not know how my strands will react to it. We shall see.

5. Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner. I hear nothing but good things about this conditioner from curlynikki.com.

Since I have been overloading on protein I do not know how my strands will react to it. We shall see.

6. Frizz-ease CremeSerum Overnight Repair Formula. Trying 9/30/09.

What can I say it sucked. Left my hair dry and did not make it soft. Probably good for straight hairstyles.

7. Fantasia Leave in Moisturizer Hair & Scalp Treatment. Hopefully I can use this as a daily mist, especially for the winter season coming up.Trying 10/1/09

It did not leave my hair soft or moisturized. And it had glycerin in it which should have made it soft.

8. Giavanni Leave in Conditioner (Walmart/Target). I really like this product.

Pros: Natural, smells good, leave in ceme conditioner
Cons: Hair does not dry soft with moisture because I am sensitive to protein

No comments: